January 23, 2010

Lucille Update

Hi Harriet,

I just wanted to give you an update on Lucille…now named Maribelle. Zeb and I adopted her from you on Sept. 14th this year. She’s a total sweetheart! She came home with us that first day, completely confused and very scared. As soon as we got home, I sat on the sofa and called her to me. She ran across the house and jumped up onto the sofa. She was so thrilled that she got to cuddle up on the sofa with me!

She’s still very timid and overly submissive but we’ve been breaking her slowly of those bad behaviors. Maribelle gets a long walk through the neighborhood almost every day and sometimes twice a day. She loves running around the backyard barking at the squirrels, the neighbors and various imaginary things that only she can see. And just last week, we started training sessions so that we can learn more then just “Sit”.

I think she’s a little lonely and could use more play then what we can give her. So when we complete the training sessions in a couple of months, we may be coming by to see you at Toco Hills for a suitable brother or sister for Maribelle.

Take care and thanks a million for rescuing our little baby girl,

Andrea & Zeb